Saturday 13 May 2017

LAWS OF WORKLIFE


The Office


The Day starts with a yawn,
Feels so heavy, as if the day is already gone.
Wonders what compels me to drag this inconvenient self,
For I thought myself to be the free soul with a lot to excel.

Meetings and conferences seem to be eternal,
Conclusions are still the same and strongly general.
Grooming Calls take the rest of the breath,
Perhaps, water would not be sufficient to quench the dryness.

Innovation lies far from the table,
Repetition seems to pull all the cables.
I wonder if the repetition makes me perfect,
Strange answer mercilessly corrects.

Genuine appreciation is highly unlikely,
Baked cake of Promotion seems to be fuzzy.
Appraisal increment is difficult to decipher,
For I don't know how to manage and be a good survivor.

Then why?
I impatiently question to this inconvenient self,
For I thought myself to be the free soul with a lot to excel.

Answer does not always gratify the soul,
But certainly, the day feels not so long after all,
For I get to see the one who I've always been longing for.

Tiredness seems to leave the soul,
The moment I see the one I have been longing for.
Smirk on my face says it all,
The office does not seem to be hectic after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JUST BEING

Preface This poem is dedicated to all the beings that have been living under the constant distress of being “different” in this ever ...